Current Vacancies – 2 roles
Applications are invited for the posts of:
1. Part time Carers Development Worker
Overall Aim: To support carers in the Beara West Family Resource Centre catchment area through engagement and identifying needs, developing community and peer support initiatives, and advocacy.
*The term carers is used as a broad term to mean those providing care for family/friends in a non-professional capacity such as for people with a disability and/or older people.
- Candidates must have a relevant 3rd level qualification minimum Level 7 in Community Work, Community Health, Community Development or related field with 2 years post qualification experience.
- Candidates with exceptional relevant paid work experience for a minimum of 3 years may be considered in lieu of qualification. This paid work experience must be specifically in a relevant Carer’s support and development role where the candidate delivered on all areas of the Job specification details.
Candidates will also need to demonstrate:
- A good working knowledge and experience of community development and/or community health
- A good working knowledge and experience of the issues & challenges facing carers & ways to support them
- An awareness of policy and procedures around safeguarding vulnerable adults and children first
- An understanding of social inclusion and providing programmes that support health and wellbeing.
- Experience of working in partnerships and building relationships with community, voluntary and statutory agencies.
- Experience of planning and delivering programmes, activities and or services to groups and capacity to deliver these programmes in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate a good capacity to develop and maintain relationships with carers.
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to work on own initiative and with teams.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- A knowledge and understanding of rural communities and the needs of carers in rural areas.
- Experience of facilitating groups and providing one-to-one support
- Good computer literacy
- A full clean drivers licence and access to own transport.
- Garda Vetting is applicable to this position
The Carers Development Worker will work closely with and report to the Project Co-ordinator.
This position is funded by the HSE and is a two-year fixed term contract.
Application forms can be found here.
If you have any queries, please phone Trudy at 027-70998 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date and time for receipt of applications is Thursday 14th July at 12pm.
Applications will only be accepted on the official application form, and by hard copy only. CVs will not be accepted.
2. Part time Project Worker for Older People
Overall Aim: To improve the quality of life for older people in the Beara West Family Resource Centre catchment area, through the support and development of community-based activities and programmes.
The ideal candidate should have: –
- A 3rd level qualification in community work, the humanities or a related discipline
- Experience of community work, group work and group facilitation
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team setting and on one’s own initiative
- Knowledge and understanding of rural communities
- Understanding of the needs of older people in a rural area
- Excellent IT and report writing skills
- Access to own transport and a full clean driving licence
The Project Worker for Older People will work closely with and report to the Project Co-ordinator.
This position is funded by the HSE and is permanent, subject to continued funding.
This position is subject to Garda Vetting.
Application forms can be found here.
If you have any queries, please phone 027-70998.
Closing date and time for receipt of applications is Wednesday 29th June at 12pm.
Applications will only be accepted on the official application form, and by hard copy only.
CVs will not be accepted.
The Beara West Family Resource Centre is an equal opportunities employer.