Applications are invited for the post of:
Carers Development Worker
Part Time position 20 hours per week
The overall purpose of the role is to develop and deliver activities that support Carers using a community development approach.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A relevant 3rd level qualification minimum Level 6 in Community Work, Community Health, Community Development or related field with 2 years post qualification experience.
- Candidates with exceptional paid relevant work experience for a minimum of 3 years may be considered in lieu of qualification. This work experience must be specifically in a relevant support and development role where the candidate delivered on all areas of the job specification. The candidate must also demonstrate how this experience and skills can transfer to the role of Carers Development Worker.
Candidates will also need to demonstrate:
- A good working knowledge and experience of community development and/or community health.
- A good working knowledge and experience of the issues & challenges facing Carers and ways to support them.
- An awareness of policy and procedures around safeguarding vulnerable adults.
- An understanding of social inclusion and providing programmes that support health and wellbeing.
- Experience of working in partnerships and building relationships with community, voluntary and statutory agencies.
- Experience of planning and delivering programmes, activities and or services to groups and capacity to deliver these programmes in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate a good capacity to develop and maintain relationships with Carers.
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to work on own initiative and with teams.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- A knowledge and understanding of rural communities and the needs of Carers in rural areas.
- Experience of facilitating groups and providing one-to-one support.
- Good computer literacy.
- A full clean driver’s licence and access to own transport.
This position is 20 hours per week. The post is a 2-year fixed term contract subject to continued funding. The post is subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
This position is subject to Garda Vetting.
Application pack is available here.
Closing date and time for receipt of applications is Friday 14th October 2022 at 12pm.
Applications will only be accepted on the official application form and by hard copy only.
CVs will not be accepted.
The Beara West Family Resource Centre is an equal opportunities employer.